Candle Magick has been around since the dawn of time, traced as far back as the Paleolithic era. It is a very powerful form of sympathetic magic. Sympathetic Magick is primitive or magical ritual using objects or actions resembling or symbolically associated with the event or person over which influence is sought
Sound AMAZING? You bet it does!
Candle Magick has been a calling for me ever since I discovered Witchcraft in 2005. One of the first practices I learned on my Witchy Spiritual Journey.
I really enjoy and love working with candles to assist me in casting my spells out to the Universe. So much I created this post so others can learn themself.
Because I believe it is a practice anyone and everyone would enjoy knowing and learn more about and you dont have to be a geniues to learn Candle Magick! Its EASY to pick up on and it does not require expensive or unusual items in order to CAST! Sweet!
Before I continue on I do want to mention any unused/ unburned candle will do to start casting with Candle Magick, also you can choose to use different types of colored candles that represent certain meanings when casting, this is popular in Candle Magick BUT! ANY COLOR CANDLE WILL WORK FINE FOR ANY SITUATION YOU MIGHT HAVE. I mention using a candle thats never been lit for previous spells espescially because it could create complications between the different spells. When you choose a candle for spell work you personalize that candle specifically for THAT SPELL.
Ill explain more below.
So even though its not a HUGE deal using certain colored candles for certain situations, I like to. Usually when my Witchy candle supply is scarce is when I will use what I have for the situation at hand, not worrying about candle color.
After saying all that lets find out what candle color represent WHAT??
Color Candle Meanings:
- White candles– Destruction of negative energy, peace, truth and purity
- Purple candles– Spiritual awareness, wisdom, tranquility
- Lavender Candles– Intuition, Paranormal, Peace, Healing
- Blue and Deep Blue Candles– Meditation, Healing, Forgiveness, Inspiration, Fidelity, Happiness, and opening lines of Communication.
- Green Candles– Money, Fertility, Luck, Abundance, Health (not to be used when diagnosed with Cancer), Success
- Rose and Pink Colored Candles– Positive self love, friendship, harmony, joy
- Yellow Candles– Realizing and manifesting thoughts, confidence, bringing plans into action, creativity, intelligence, mental clarity, clairvoyance.
- Orange Candles– Joy, energy, education, strength attraction, stimulation
- Red or Deep red Candles– Passion, energy, love, lust, relationships, sex, vitality, courage.
- Black Candles– Protection, absorption and destruction of negative energy and also repelling negative energy from others
- Silver candle– Goddess or feminine energy, remove negativity, psychic development
- Gold candle– Male energy, Solar energy, fortune, spiritual attainment,
Why does Candle Color meanings mean somthing to me and others??
You might not be aware of this and thats defenitaly ok but different colors have different frequencies which have different effects on the Human Psyche.
I love this about colors I even choose what I wear for the day depending on the effect my psyche will have based on the colors of my outfit.
After discussing about using never been lit candles and why colors can matter lets discuss the steps to creating your personal witchy candle!
Steps (in order) to preping your Spell Candle before Casting:
- Cleanse your candle to remove negative or psychic energies, you can do this by holding your candle over incense smoke or sage smoke, leave candle in moon light all night, or bury in salt.
- Anoint your candle with oil to imprint your intentions onto your candle, doing this helps your spell to be more powerful and effective. To Anoint decide if your wanting to Attract somthing into your life or Rid of something. To attract start at TOP of candle and rub down to BOTTOM of candle. Do the oppisite to rid. While rubbing candle focus on your goal and visualize what it is you wish to accomplish
- Carve your name, birthday or event date, etc on to your candle. This sends intention to the universe
- Lastly roll and/or sprinkle herbs all over your candle to get extra charge towards your spell.
After doing all that…
VOILA! Your candle is now ready for your spell to be casted!
This has been “Candle Magick,
An Ancient Practice” with Tea’s Twigg & Staff! I hope you enjoyed, learned a lot and found it to being helpful and informative.
New post every Wednesday and Sunday. Come back to see whats NEW.
If you have any questions leave me a message below or E-MAIL me in CONTACTS PAGE. Love to hear back from you.
Until then Blessed Be!
Check out the link below